[meteorite-list] Fairly odd meteorites...

From: Eric Wichman <eric_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 09:23:28 -0800

Pete, I might be inclined to agree with that... It just seems weird. The
exterior of the stone gave no indication that there might be some
contamination. I might also be water, but I doubt that as the residue
has an oily "feel" to it. It's slick to the touch on your fingers. I'm
going to drop a small chondrite in some oil and let it sit for a while
then cut it and see if I can duplicate this. If not then it might prove
it's not contamination at all but some great alien primordial ooze and
we have just infected our planet with an X-files type of contagion. LOL ;)

Regardless of that, the piece is still very nice. I love the look of the
stone and it's got lots of iron. Very cool piece.

Eric