[meteorite-list] AD: Special: New Collectible - The King size Mars Box - Year of Astronomy 2009 offer & our Thanks

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:49:43 +0100

Dear Collectors and Stargazers,

today we celebrate the introduction of a new collectible:

The King size Chladni Mars Box !

While our well-established Mars and Moon boxes took off on their triumphal
course around the globe,
on and off we were asked to manufacture custom-made cases, which combine the
striking design and the tried quality of our boxes with veritable slices of
Lunar and Martian material in the size range, commonly preferred by the
advanced space and meteorite enthusiast.

So our new child was born, and as you can see, it throve and prospered
tremendously!

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXXL-XS.jpg

The King size Mars box offers all criteria, the original Chladni cases are
appreciated for: The handiness and quality, the elaborate design and the
amazing decorativeness, which make the boxes to real eye-catchers.

This special edition transcends the standard boxes
- including an additionally luxurious certificate of authenticity
in the back:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXXL-b-back.jpg

- and in presenting a partslice of NWA 4925, which ranks with its huge and
colourful megacrysts and its bulky formed maskelynites among the most
appealing and spectacular Martian shergottites.
The slices are dimensioned like they are commonly desired by the specialized
meteorite collectors,
therefore we made sure that which such a box is given at hand even to the
laymen without any experiences yet in that matter an object of true value.

The weights of the enclosed slices vary between 0.22 and 0.27 grams.

The dimensions of the King size boxes are, as indicated by the scale cube

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXXL-b-1.jpg

8.4cm x 5.9cm x 2.4 cm

or roughly 3 1/3" x 2 1/3" x 1"

And of course a variety of seven motifs, depicting Martian sceneries of the
unbelievable photos delivered by the rover missions, is available for
everyone's taste:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXL-b-1.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXL-b-2.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXL-b-3.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXL-b-4.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXL-b-5.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXL-b-6.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/XXL-b-7.jpg

The price for the King size Mars box is for today's special: $200.

-------

Let us now take the opportunity to express our thanks.

 The Mars and Moon boxes are spread around the World, they are available in
museums, planetaria, observatories, in the astronomical and educational
trade. The reactions and enthusiasm one finds in the fora, blogs and
discussions in the web, affirm that the idea to fulfil the dreams we had in
our childhood, once being able to touch the Moon, to touch Mars and even to
posses a piece from up there, was a good one and that this dream hasn't lost
its fascination.
They rejoice their owners, from the interested schoolchild to the heroic
men, who once set foot on the Moon.

Meanwhile the edition of the boxes reaches five-digit numbers, making them
to the possibly most successful meteorite product of the recent times.
With this broad effect, they serve a purpose, to which we all feel
obligated. Such a box, a true sample of a lunar or Martian rock is a
stimulus, to start to go in such topics like astronomy, meteorites,
spaceflight. The boxes help to popularize our so beloved hobby and they
rouse the awareness of meteorite in a broader public.

Without the help and support of so many of our fellow dealers and
collectors, who are distributing the boxes in so many countries, all that
wouldn't have been possible. They stand in a great tradition and we owe them
our most cordially thanks.

-------

And now at the end to a matter that is near to our hearts.
2009 was proclaimed to be:

THE INTERNATIONAL YEAR OF ASTRONOMY

all around the globe popular observatories, planetaria, astronomy clubs,
amateur astronomers, schools.
will organize and carry out astronomical events.

One of the Chladni's Heirs came as an amateur astronomer to his passion, the
meteorites. Astronomy in many countries isn't found anymore on the curricula
of the schools and in fact the astronomical education has to be mastered by
often privately organized clubs, by public observatories and planetaria, by
amateur astronomers and stargazers.
(Where also some on this list are found).

We want to support a little bit the great and important work they perform
and want to allow them to take our regular Moon and Mars sample boxes:

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/moonrock2.jpg

http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/boxes/Mars-XS-1.jpg

(and many more motifs)

at our wholesale rate but without the usual minimum order quantity.

The wholesale price is so surprisingly affordable, that meanwhile a majority
of the major meteorite offerers, also these, who have their own lunaites and
Martians at their disposal, took them in their assortments.
- and often the first reactions on that price of people beyond the
meteoritic scene were, that they couldn't believe, that the samples are
authentic, cause the price seemed to be for them implausibly low.

No worries, the boxes have on the back a warrantee, in such a way, that
every holder of such a box is enabled to verify independently, that the
samples are real - not to mention, if they are using internet, where the
search results rapidly lead them to Korotev's pages or the NASA Lunar
Meteorite Compendium.

We want to help to wash some money in the cashboxes of these associations
and clubs.
The capabilities of the boxes are manifold. They can be sold to visitors
after public observations nights, star-parties ect., to the members for
fund-raising and so on - well in fact, when such clubs ordered, they often
kept the larger part directly for the members, also a form of reward.

We don't have to tell, that Moon is for laymen the most impressive object to
observe, neither the effect if they then have the possibility to touch and
to own a sample from the surface, they just admired through the scope.
Mars - this year we haven't a good opposition, but people see the fantastic
pictures in media, Phoenix shovelling samples into the ovens and the busy
rovers drilling and sniffing at the rocks. Imagine, from just such a rock,
they can have now a piece!

Currently we fill the Moon boxes with the very fresh and anorthosic
granulite NWA 4881 and for the Mars cases we use NWA 4925.

Please contact us off-list and don't forget to mention, for which
association, astronomy club ect the boxes are intended.

Many thanks for your attention
& clear skies!

Martin Altmann & Stefan Ralew
Chladni's Heirs
Munich - Berlin
Fine Meteorites for Science & Collectors
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com