[meteorite-list] Illegal Buzzard Coulee on eBay?

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:20:20 -0500

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:03:52 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170302418033
>
>Is it bogus? Is it Buzzard Coulee?

As best as I can tweak the horrible photo, it does look like a meteorite-- there
are bright spots that look like blebs of metal, plus a couple of larger yellow
spots that could be large melted chondrules exposed through the fusion crust.
I'm also seeing in the upper-right something that COULD be flow lines, but then
again coud be nothing at all. Might be a bit weathered, but again, it is a
terrible photo. But it is a zero-feedback seller and they say it is "estimated
to be 4 trillion years old", so I wouldn't trust trying to buy from them even if
they dropped 2 zeroes off that figure.

>Anyone want to wager how long it will be before eBay pulls this
>auction?

Slightly after Sheol has a snowstorm. Ebay doesn't give one of these:

http://www.space1026.com/site_images/620portfolios_rats_ass.jpg