[meteorite-list] Finding A Meteorite While Gold Prospecting

From: Mike Miller <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:46:01 -0700

Well I am no expert : ) but I am going to go out on a limb and predict
that the meteorite was planted. First of all meteorites are not found
where gold is found in the gut of the wash. This is the least likely
place to find a meteorite. When you find a meteorite it has likely
been sitting in the same place for many years and in the middle of a
wash, well it is not likely that it has been there even a single year
let alone hundreds of years. It looks like a nice NWAXXX and the video
is a simple set up. Not to mention the guy just found his first
meteorite and sounds like he is reading a script, please give me a
break. Also the place where the stone was sitting looks like it has
been there for about 15 minutes, when you make a real find the
meteorite leaves a mark on the earth and there is no doubt it has been
sitting there for a long time. This one I am guessing has been in that
spot for a total of 15 minutes. Just my 2 cents but BS!

--
Mike Miller 230 Greenway Dr. Kingman Az 86401
www.meteoritefinder.com