[meteorite-list] Hint for meteorite coin fans: wonderfully elegant Moon meteorite coin.

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 18:45:20 +0100

Hello,

I noticed at earlier opportunities, that here on the list are also quite a
bunch of meteorite-coin-fans, so I thought, maybe that could be of interest
for them.

Recently there was issued a new Moon coin with a piece of the lunaite NWA
4881.

I personally don't like that much meteorite coins, medals, tokens,
cause for my personal taste they're looking to me often somewhat plump and
comic-like styled.

But this one is very tasteful and elegant in my eyes.

http://kuerzer.de/4881coin

I like that idea, that the body of the coin is the Moon itself.
The averse and the reverse show the relief of the front- and backside of the
Moon, fine also that the coin has no bulky rim around.
On the front, there is mounted into the mare Imbrium a piece of the Moon
meteorite NWA 4881.

Material is .925er silver with an antique finish,
It's a silver Moon.

Occasion was 50 years Luna 3 & 40 years Moon landing.
Note also the 50ies-style font.

Edition was 1969 pieces.

Cook Islands, 5 dollars, 2009.
Quality is Proof.
Weight is 25grams, diameter 38.6mm

Problem is, I learned, that the whole edition was already sold out,
but that coin-dealer, where I gave the link to, has still some remainders
left. So in case, one shouldn't wait to long.

To clarify: I've nothing to do with that sale, we are not selling this
coin.

(On contrary, I had to order from there my coin too.
My first and only meteorite coin).

Best!
Martin