[meteorite-list] ndrali,chad meteorite

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 11:24:32 +0100

Dear Steve,

I have acquired a piece of Ndrali at Liege show (Belgium) in November 2007,
from Vincent Jacques (B).
I haven't heard further about this meteorite since. It is apparently not
(yet ?) in the Met. Bull. database.

Here is, for everyone's best appreciation, its description as figuring in
my collection catalog:

-------------
"NDRALI (Chad, H3.5-5/6, S2-6, W0/1), found in 2006, tkw: 1 at 8795 g.
and polished) section shows rounded tan clasts (3 to 25 mm, L3.7 type ?)
embedded within a bleck (melt ?) matrix. Full of veins and metal spots.
Very attractive pattern".
------------

I also would be glad to learn more about that find. (I haven't browsed
through Google yet).

I can just confirm it is a beautiful meteorite and, even if of questionable
origin (at the worst it could well be some unknown NWA), its
quality-to-price ratio is excellent and the acquisition risk very minor.
The fact that it is documented on Google (same data as on my own label) is
a good point.

Happy hunting,

Zelimir

A 18:38 15/02/2009 -0800, steve arnold a ?crit :