[meteorite-list] West-- article and video

From: Rob Matson <mojave_meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:08:26 -0800

Hi Darren and List,

I thought Doug did a fine job with the Channel 8 reporter, Veronica --
particularly under the circumstances. The man has had at most 4 hours
sleep per night for at least the last 7 days; certainly allowances can
and should be made for being punchy, excited, exhausted and naturally
nervous with cameras rolling and bright lights in ones face. I was
nervous myself, and I was only on the phone! The format was intended
to be natural and spontaneous, not scripted, so there were minimal
edits and no retakes.

Singling out criticism of the main mass remark is, IMO, a bit petty.
The "main mass" has changed almost every day -- even our team briefly
held that transitive honor through Wednesday night. The point I
believe Doug was trying to make is that an obvious front-runner (e.g.
a specimen an order of magnitude larger than anything previously found)
had yet to be discovered, but he was confident that one or more such
finds would ultimately come to light.

Best wishes and continued good hunting to all those still in Texas
(and to those yet to arrive).

Cheers,
Rob