[meteorite-list] Meteorite Finding Dog in West Texas

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:09:14 EST

In a message dated 2/24/2009 6:36:05 A.M. Central Standard Time,
altmann at meteorite-martin.de writes:
I want a photo of the dog.
How is his name?

Martin
.

*****
Martin,

The dog's name is Hopper. The story actually very very funny. A group of
us were gridding a piece of ground yesterday, walking in a line, and Rob told
part of the story and I was in tears it was so funny.

Rob has acquired the "Garza Stone" of the West fall. Or should I say, the
"Monahan's 7 Stone" of West fall. Or Maybe the "Michelle Knapp Stone" of the
West fall.

I don't think anyone in our field could find a better match than this
specific rock and this collector/dealer being put together.

Congratulations to Rob! Well done.

As for photos, I am sure Hopper will be going down in meteorite history
forever. There will be no shortage of photos of this dog.

Yesterday Rob spent the whole day hunting with Hopper. Rob would take out a
meteorite, let hopper smell it and then pretend to throw it into the grass
hoping the dog would run into the grass, looking for that meteorite, but might
find another one and retrieve it. But no luck. Hopper was too smart to be
fooled.

There are some great stories about this rock and this dog. I am sure more
will come out soon.

I have to get back out in the field...

Steve Arnold #1

steps!