[meteorite-list] ATQ: Taenite and Kamacite and Widmanstatten Formation

From: Metorman46 at aol.com <Metorman46_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:31:03 EST

Hello Elton;

This is a great description of the processes that are required to form the
widmanstatten patterns in iron meteotites.I think.I especially like the
introduction of phosphorus into the equation,as V.F. BUCHWALD stressed in his
descriptions of iron meteorites.I have noticed that the irons with the most
phosphorus content seem to oxidize more rapidly after introduction into the earths
terra firma.Your description is refreshing in that it gets us back to the
basics of iron meteorite analysis,the newer researchers seem to blow by P. in
their descriptions of irons.I think.

Thanks for sharing with the list and good luck.

Best Regards;Herman Archer. IMCA # 2770