[meteorite-list] QMIG update

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 05:45:55 +1000

Listoids

Small update to http://www.qmig.net with a photograph of Arrabury (linked
from the Queensland Falls webpage)

I can't seem to update qmig.org so I'll wrestle with the html code today

Ill upload another photograph of the QMIG collection Arrabury 5.06 gram
crusted specimen today and I have to remind myself to snaffle another small
piece suitable for thin-sectioning

This is the sort of photograph suitable for database collections such as the
Encyclopedia of Meteorites...

This was an interesting accession that took years of planning and adroit
manouvre... the sole remaining specimen I could locate resided in Museum A
which is governed by State legislation that excludes it from trading
meteorites with private collectors !!!! yet another subtle example of
repressive legislation... the solution was to get Museum B to trade with
Museum A and snaffle the specimens from Museum B

I hope to finalise some more Museum trades this year but most Listoids will
understand that this is sometimes NOT easy and tis far better that you have
something they really really want

I'm edging closer to having specimens of most of the Queensland meteorites -
if any Listoids can help with Maroo or Whitula Creek or other un-named
Queensland specimens can they please contact me off-list

Cheers