[meteorite-list] Incomparable Olivine Diogenite - NWA 5480 - AD

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 10:33:38 -0500

It's so great (and so unusual) when a meteorite is sufficiently
visually engaging that folks on the list post their enthusiasm for the
same.

Reminds me of a recent story. This fellow called to let me know he
had a meteorite for sale. When I asked him to describe it he said,
"It's got almost all the colors of the rainbow and it's kind of
iridescent," to which I replied, "Sir, with all respect, meteorites
don't look like that." Without skipping a beat, "And that's exactly
why mine is worth so much!" ;-)

Seems like we should all obtain a sample of 5480.

Best/ d

On Jan 6, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Greg Hupe wrote:

> Hi Frank and List,
>
> Frank wrote,
> "I'll also echo Bernd's enthusiasm for this meteorite (NWA
> 5480)...SPECTACULAR!
> Any chance you'd consider having thin sections made? I'm sure there
> are enough list members that would commit to purchasing one if they
> were available."
>
> In the past I have sent different material out to make thin
> sections, I don't have the time to try and fill all of the niches.
> Maybe Anne Black or someone else who have the lead on the best thin
> section makers would like to pursue it?
>
> "Thank You" to all who have purchased some of the "Incomparable
> Olivine Diogenite", NWA 5480!
>
> Best regards,
> Greg
>
> ====================
> Greg Hupe
> The Hupe Collection
> NaturesVault (eBay)
> gmhupe at htn.net
> www.LunarRock.com
> IMCA 3163
> ====================
> Click here for my current eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnaturesvault
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Cressy"
> <fcressy at prodigy.net>

>>> http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa5480/large/dsc00003.jpg
>>> 168.3g cs
>>> http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa5480/large/dsc00005.jpg
>>> 137g cs
>>> http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa5480/large/dsc00007.jpg
>>> 127g cs
>>> http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa5480/large/dsc00008.jpg
>>> 494g Complete Stone (Awesome "swirl" feature)
>>> http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa5480/dsc00003.jpg
>>> 462g Complete Stone (Great display of the 'mixed'
>>> minerals)
>>> http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa5480/dsc00005.jpg
>>> 269g Complete Stone
>>> http://www.lunarrock.com/ebay/nwa5480/dsc00007.jpg