[meteorite-list] Thin Section collecting - storage

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:22:41 +0100

Hello Leigh Anne and listees,

thin sections also display nicely in a cabinet. The best 100 examples of my
own collection are displayed in five rows behind glass in a wooden framed
cabinet hanging at one of the walls in my living room. Each of those sections
is placed in the upright position on a small tripod plastic stand (PS: I believe
these are also known under the name "mini easel stands", but I am not sure).

I keep all my other thin sections in several small wooden thin section boxes,
holding 25 each, which I once bought from David New, years ago. If I have
to transport thin sections from one local place to another (...I use to live in
two different places a few hundred km apart...), or may be, take them to or
from a show, I use those little flat plastic cases, which Anne Black supplies
with any thin section ordered from her. This is a safe way to handle the slides,
when you are "on the road again", or just want to show them to someone else
without the need to touch them with your fingers.

Best,
Alex
Berlin/Germany

-------- Original-Nachricht --------