[meteorite-list] Northwest Africa 5000 Update/Inaugural Viewing R.O.M.!

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 22:17:44 -0500

Hi, Adam, and all,

I had the pleasure of attending the museum last Tuesday the 6th.

Being that close to a Lunar bigger than my head...AY CARAMBA!

The glass panes are nice and close to the meteorite, kept clean, and very well lit, so even with my outdated 6 mp camera I was able to get some beauty close-up and very detailed shots, including the most sides of the outer crust.
I'm looking forward to getting these pics on my Photoshop.

If we were taking a poll of favourite stony matrixes, this one is my choice.

Thanks, Adam and Greg, for sharing.
This display is a good case in point of the benefit of private collectors and hunters to the public.

Cheers,
Pete