[meteorite-list] Scientists Publish 1st Ever Evidence of Asteroidswith Earth-like Crust

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 06:43:55 -0800 (PST)

Dear Jeff and list,
  Jeff, a third try.

Oxygen isotopic analysis: Z. Sharp, University of New Mexico

Oxygen isotopic analyses of three small (2-5 mg) pieces of GRA 06129 yielded the following results which fall in the Earth, Moon and enstatite meteorite field:

?17O = 3.04, ?18O = 6.01, ?18O = -0.09
?17O = 2.89, ?18O = 5.63, ?18O = -0.03
?17O = 3.05, ?18O = 6.01, ?18O = -0.07

[where ?18O = ?17O - 0.52 x ?18O]