[meteorite-list] AD / SALE - Collection for Sale

From: cmcdon0923 at aol.com <cmcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:37:32 -0500

It?s been a long time since I posted anything to this list, having
stopped collecting meteorites back in May 2005, but I still receive the
digests and read them with interest.

Since then, my collection has been packed away and stored in my den
closet?.a horrible waste of these important relics. I have decided
that it makes no sense to continue treating them like this, so I am
going to offer the collection for sale, first, to the members of this
list.

For now, the collection is being offered only intact. I have no
interest at this time of breaking it up and dealing with selling it off
piece-by-piece. Should there be no interest in the collection as a
whole, I will have to decide if it?s worth my time and effort to break
it up and sell off individually, or just pack it up again and put it
back in storage.

The collection consists of approximately 190 different
finds/falls/locations. (I say ?approximately? because I need to pull
the records out of the box, but that?s the number I recall.) Specimen
sizes range from just a few milligrams of one or two rarer locations,
to irons of 700+ grams. There are only a small handful of NWAs, as
they never really interested me. The vast majority of the collection
being true ?named? specimens. For what it?s worth, the total weight of
the specimens is around 4800 grams (again, going
from memory).

So in order to hopefully facilitate a quick sale, I am offering it at a
significant discount to what was my total acquisition cost as of when I
stopped actively collecting. I haven't kept up with price trends since
then, so if they've at least held somewhat steady, this represents a
great deal, and if prices have risen at all since then, it should be a
real bargain.

If anyone is interested please reply to me directly, off list, at the
email address listed below. I can provide a spreadsheet of what?s
included, and we can take it from there.

Thanks,

Craig McDonald

Cmcdon0923 at aol.com