[meteorite-list] AD : The Physics of Comets and Meteors - rare Russian translation for sale

From: Michael Gilmer <michael_w_gilmer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 15:31:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi Listees!

A few months back I offered some 1960's vintage NASA meteorite-related
books to the list. Going through my pile of stuff while packing for
the move to Tampa, I ran across another rare text that may be of
interest to some readers of this list.

"The Physics of Comets and Meteors" by V.P. Konopleva, Editor

Translated from the original Russian by the Israel Program for
Scientific Translations, NASA, and the National Science Foundation.

Published in 1966 and printed in Jerusalem. 92 pages with tables,
graphs, photos, and drawings. This particular copy is stamped
from the Carnegie Institution, Mount Wilson Observatory Library.

Condition is excellent with no major flaws and only minor shelf wear.
The binding is tight and all pages are crisp.

Table of Contents : (I will omit the numerous Russian author names)
------------------

Photometry of Comets using 1963-1964 Patrol Photographs

Detailed Photometry of Comet Arend-Roland 1956h

The Radius of Existence of C2 and C3 molecules in Comets

Dissociation and Ionization of Water Molecules in Cometary Atmospheres

Intrinsic Brightness of Comet Ikeya 1963a

Visual Observations of Comet Alcock 1963b

Statistical Characteristics of the Meteor Radio Echo in the Epoch of the 1963 Geminids

Some Results of the Application of Intermediate-type trains in Measurements of Electron Line Density

Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in a moving Gyrotopic Medium

The Drift of Meteor Trains

Some Problems of the Theory and New Methods of Observation of Meteors

On the Subject of the Trajectory and the Orbit of the Tunguska Comet

Turbulent Motions in the Upper Atmosphere at Heights of 80-110km According to Radio Observations of Meteor Trains

--------------------------------------

A photo of this book is available here :

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj24/Meteoritethrower/nasa-new.jpg

(scale cube not included) ;)

I am asking $21 shipped to any location in the CONUS, $25 shipped for
Canada or Overseas.

PayPal is preferred.

If interested, contact me offlist at - mike at galactic-stone.com

Thanks for looking and clear skies!

MikeG

Michael Gilmer (Louisiana, USA)
Member of the Meteoritical Society.
Member of the Bayou Region Stargazers Network.
Websites - http://www.galactic-stone.com and http://www.glassthrower.com