[meteorite-list] Stefan's New Find

From: Stefan Ralew <stefan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:27:06 +0100

Hello Together,

many thanks for the all the interesting answers to my email. Yes, it could
be a CK/CV - if I look at Marcins photos of his NWA 4838, the pieces are
actually very similar, although certainly not the same meteorite. Here are
the two photos side by side:
http://www.chladnis-heirs.com/two-cc.jpg

The dark lithology could be a melted version of the light-grey lithology.
But it is somewhat strange that the dark lithology has apparent more free
iron metal than the light-grey area. I will of course keep the list informed
about the final classification. The stone is currently under examination by
Dr. Ansgar Greshake. Whatever it is, it is simply a strange thing, and a
great surprise indeed.

Best wishes,
Stefan

www.chladnis-heirs.com