[meteorite-list] Terdaght Meteorite Fall

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2009 12:17:24 UT

Elton wrote:

"Hello Bernd, How can this technically be an 4-5 if there are no chondrules?
 I could understand sparse but isn't "devoid" a 6 or IMB? I have some 4 and
 5 grade Chondrules and while some may be weakly outlined they are still
 present. Or does this mean none actually "none visible to the naked eye?"

Hi Elton and List,

Reconsidering my post after reading yours, I must admit that you are right.
I should have written that I was unable to definitely and undoubtedly find
any chondrules even though I had looked at my two specimens under the
microscope at 8x, 16x, and even 32x.

If my observations are correct, we may have an H5 or H6 chondrite but not
an H4 or an H4-5!

Best from
Germany,

Bernd