[meteorite-list] Cosmic Collisions on TV right now

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:56:57 -0700

Dear Michael:

Thank you for the heads-up.

Steve Arnold #1 and I worked extensively on this three-part Discovery
Channel show last year, and we're looking forward to seeing it. The
director called me last week and said they were airing"Cosmic
Collisions" out of sequence -- not that it matters in terms of
continuity for viewers.

Steve and I filmed on location in Kansas for several days, and they
also shot some additional interiors with me and my assistants here in
Tucson. The whole crew were extremely enthusiastic and professional
and we have high hopes for the show. Steve and I will be in segment
#2; it was #3 which aired this evening. I gather that the second
segment is largely about meteorites, but we haven't seen it yet
ourselves. We'll post air dates when we have them, and I hope you
enjoyed tonight's episode. I was too busy getting ready for the gem
show to catch it : ) Please let us know what you thought.

I posted this last year, but it may be of interest to those watching
the show. It is my on-location photo essay about making the episode:

http://www.aerolite.org/expeditions/brenham-2008/intro.htm

And for those of you heading to Tucson: it was sunny but cool today.
Warmer temperatures in the low 70s expected this weekend. Several
dealers are already set up at the InnSuites and Day's Inn and there
was plenty of activity this morning, with trucks arriving and unloading.

I'll be in our showroom with Anne Black for fifteen days, starting at
10 am this coming Saturday (InnSuites #230), so please drop by and say
hello if you're in town. We will have the actual "Cosmic Collisions"
oriented Brenham pallasite on display in our showroom for the duration:

http://www.aerolite.org/expeditions/brenham-2008/31.htm

With best wishes,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org