[meteorite-list] Tucson questions and predictions; Meteorite magazine

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 06:04:12 -0700 (MST)

Hi Everyone,

especially those of you who could not make it to Tucson.

Since you now have a lot time, think about writing an article for
Meteorite magazine! Our next deadline (May Issue) is in about 4 weeks, so
plenty of time to write up something that is 1500 to 2500 words long. The
February issue is in the hands of the publisher (always a little later
than the other issues), but I do not know the author list yet. I will send
out a preview as soon as I find out.

Now to Tucson. A few weeks ago, in emails I had with Anne Black (welcome
to Tucson) and Norbert Classen (wish you were here), I taught Norbert an
English phrase: "rubbing it in." Here is how it goes.

As I get ready, I am thinking of all of you who could not make it,
expecially those in the US midwest, US East Coast, and in Europe.

It is the middle of winter and I have to get ready to go to the Tucson Gem
and Mineral Show. I do not need my heavy coat, I will not need my gloves,
I don't even own an ice scraper or a snow shovel. However, I do need to
remember to bring my sunglasses, my baseball cap (with thinning hair I
have to be careful about sunburn), and I am glad that the air conditioning
in the car is working. Highs in the 70s to low 80s (22C to 28C) and no
clouds for a week or more!

Wish you could all be here!

Larry,

In sunny and warm Tucson