[meteorite-list] Another awful meteorite-related TV event

From: lebofsky at lpl.arizona.edu <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:03:46 -0700 (MST)

Hi Sterling:

I will admit that, at first, I got the wrong asteroid (though now more
interesting composition) and I am never one to say you are wrong, but...

YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!

Sorry, that felt good!

If you go by Wikipedia, you lost 3 zeros 1x10^18 bit 1X10^15. It would be
had to believe that a 100-km diameter object (give or take) would make a
40-km hole in the ground unless it was going real slow and hit a really
hard surface.

Somthing that big would probably make a hole 1000 km or so across (at
least), which would make it a bad day even for the roaches.

Oh, did I forget to mention:

You are wrong! It is a rare day that I get to say that to you Sterling,
sorry.

Larry