[meteorite-list] Recent smaller impacts

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:21:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul -

Are any of these events you mentioned timed to cometary debris streams?

I suppose that some folks we know or know of have more definitive information on these events which they can not make public right now.

My seat of the pants estimate is that the number dead in an accidental India-Pakistan nuclear exchange given in the wikipedia article is off by at least one order of magnitude, maybe two, or perhaps three.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas
(a damned fine book if I do say so myself)

PS 1 - Any news about when the NASA IG's report on Griffin's contempt of the Congress on the George Brown Jr Amendment will be in?

PS 2 - Sterling, have you worked the numbers for the Kiscoty, Alberta crater?