[meteorite-list] Meteorite hunting television series?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 08:18:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone -

It seems to me that there might be a demand for a meteorite hunting television series from one of the satellite channels. With the improvements in bollide reporting via the net, these hunts are getting regular now.

With desk top video now a reality the possibility looms. I don't know about existing footage from recent hunts, but perhaps you could fill in the unrecorded parts with "re-enactments". Of course, such projects would require co-operation between you and your competitors, but then all of you would stand to gain from the end product.

On an unrelated note, given Firestone, Kenneth, and Tankersley's finds, would any of you like to reconsider your remarks on Hibben's observations at Fairbanks?

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas