[meteorite-list] Video of New Ash Creek Find

From: McCartney Taylor <mccartney_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 22:20:44 -0500

I got a call from a West local who found 'dozens' of meteorites. I doubted it and asked for pictures. As expected, all were junk terrestrials...all but one. I then met him, he's an older gentleman and had stories of some of the rocks he found years ago and some he found after the fall. He swears up and down the one meteorite he found was in 1957.

But I looked at it, then cut it open. Looks just like a Ash Creek inside and out. So I suspect he got confused as to when he found which stone.

Does anyone see anything that makes you think this is not an Ash Creek? 225 grams.

Here's the video (make sure you choose "HD" for hi res) of the stone before and after cutting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZbgCSSaAEw

Oh, and anyone who wants a slice, let me know.