[meteorite-list] Fw: Arizona Fall "a secret"

From: Shauna Russell <meteoritewoman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 14:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Shauna Russell <meteoritewoman at yahoo.com>
To: meteoritelist at meteoritecentral.com
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2009 2:15:05 PM
Subject: Arizona Fall "a secret"

This is in regards to "A secret"

This new fall in Arizona is not being kept secret because of money.? Why can't a group of friends who enjoy meteorite hunting and find a strewn field?keep it within themselves?!? Lets take a look back at West, Texas.? Within a day of finding? material, there were so many people tromping through peoples yards it was insane!? (Soon we were getting kicked off of property that we had full permission to hunt on until it became flooded with treasure hunters and meteorite enthusiasts from all over)? Having said that, we don't want a repeat? of West right here in our own backyard.? The material will be recovered, the data in regards to the strewn field will be preserved, unlike the usual chaos that ensues at a new fall.? There are a number of places that people hunt at that are not open for everyone and their brother to jump into.? It's sad that some people have to try to make an issue out of something wonderful.? Like trying to make our group look
 bad because they can't be involved.? Jack found the strewn field, Jack deserves to handle this the way he chooses without being ridiculed.?
Anyways, Robert and myself would like to congratulate Jack on this incredible recovery!!!!

Sincerely,
Shauna Russell
www.ironfromthesky.com