[meteorite-list] My thoughts on the Arizona Fall

From: Mark Bowling <minador_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

Carl,

I think he was referring to degradation caused by rain. I don't think he considered flash flooding.

You're right though, this isn't the "high and dry" sand of Holbrook. These washes will be filled with water and these stones will be washed away and buried, the crust quickly ground off by the coarse quartz sand and lost forever. These are energetic and violent events.

Mark Bowling
Vail, AZ