[meteorite-list] Large fireball in PA!

From: Jamie Kimberley <jamie.kimberley_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:53:52 -0400 (EDT)

I believe that I saw this fireball, though I think it was closer to
1:00 AM. I was traveling south on I-95 in Delaware when I saw a
bright streak (looked like some fragmentation) to my right (was in
the passenger side of a car). I can probably find my location on
google maps as I was probably 1/2 mile north of a toll plaza. let
me know if this would be useful.

Thanks,
Jamie

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Michael Farmer wrote:

> Alright you aspiring meteorite hunters on the east coast, a large
> fireball with explosions that shook houses in PA was reported at
> 1:10 am this morning! If there are explosions, it is close and can
> be found. No excuses, as some of us are busy in Arizona. Michael
> Farmer
>
> http://www.wgal.com/news/19966650/detail.html

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems with just
potatoes."--Douglas Adams
Jamie Kimberley
Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Mechanical Engineering