[meteorite-list] How far away can a meteor be heard?

From: Gary Fujihara <fujmon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 06:55:08 -1000

Aloha Bernd,

Thank you for the data on Peekskill. If memory serves me correctly
Peekskill exhibited an extended luminous phase due in part to a
shallower entry angle into the earth's atmosphere. This PA fireball,
from video footage, appears to fall at a steeper angle and therefore
should cover a shorter groundpath. Best of luck to all in the field,
and happy hunting!

gary