[meteorite-list] Fact Sheet - Possible Media Solution?

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:29:37 -0500

Hi Steve,
Since I work at a newspaper as a photographer and understand your
frustration, I think a fact sheet is a great idea. Reporters would
really appreciate an FAQ-style, one sheet resource. Here are my
suggestions on what to include:
* Your name and phone number plus one or two other sources to reach
and their numbers
* Definition of meteor, meteorite, meteoroid, asteroid
* Average speed of meteor/meteorite as it enters our atmosphere and
then strikes the ground
* Average price of the most common type of meteorite (ordinary
chondrites) found in a typical fall plus the range as you mentioned
* Common misperceptions about meteorites: they're hot, they come down
flaming, they're all worth a million dollars.
* Where meteorites come from and why they're important to science
* Where to send a suspected meteorite to be tested

I hope this helps.
Bob