[meteorite-list] So this is what its like to hunt a new fall?!

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:32:13 -0700

Michael Farmer wrote:

> but now it is all contracts and publicists, gotta get into
> character and makeup, more of a business now than good time:)

Dear Mike:

Once again you are completely wrong and gassing about things of which
you know nothing. We don't wear makeup and, in case you hadn't
noticed, our show is a documentary so we don't "get into character."
You would play a character in a fictional narrative. Also, we don't
have a publicist. The good ratings we got for "Meteorite Men" were the
result of our own personal promotional efforts and the hard work of a
few trusted friends. We're doing what we love and introducing
meteorites to a whole new audience, so it could not possibly be more
of a "good time."

Yesterday you wrote: "The 'Meteorite Men' show is great, good job, but
there is a point to let it go." Thank you, I appreciate the
compliment. So why don't YOU "let it go" and stop with the parade of
sarcasm and jibes about our work? If you don't like the show, don't
watch it. Who cares?! If you have a problem with Steve and me, act
like a man and talk to us about it in person. I'm sure the List
doesn't want to read this babble back and forth, and I am a busy guy
with more important things to do than comment on your snipes.

You are a successful meteorite hunter, have made many remarkable finds
yourself, and also enjoyed a lot of publicity. It doesn't have to be a
contest. Is it impossible for you to enjoy your own achievements
without the need to belittle others? I really suggest that you do your
own thing and let us get on with doing ours. It's a big planet out
there, with lots of meteorites, and lots of opportunities for everyone
who wants to do something. How about we just get on with it?

Respectfully,

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoritemen.com