[meteorite-list] Astro Mikes meteor streak Photo

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 12:26:29 +0200

> there are two very faint streaks well to the lower right of the main set, and
> there is a streak just to the upper left of the main set that is not moving
> parallel to the others. how does a plane make streaks like that??

Be carefull here. An attitude change of an aircraft can do that (as well as
causing the divergence of the set in general).

Yet with the more detailed pictures, there is indeed a bit too much of streaks
on it, so I am too backing down on my intitial suport of saying definitely "it
is an aircraft". Problem with camera's and bright objects however, is always
reflections that can create ghost trails.

- Marco

-----
Dr Marco (asteroid 183294) Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)