[meteorite-list] NWA 5205 ... another heads-up

From: Marcin Cimala <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:17:42 +0200

Thanks Bernd,
yep this chondrite is one of the best type 3 I bough in Morocco.
Unfortunatelly most of fragments are ugly, melted, dark-brown with low
ammount of chondruls.

What is interesting here is that this chondruls was plastic? so they deform
their surface one to each other. Chondruls are big and most of them have
similar size 1.5-2mm. But I have also other slices (Will post few photos
tomorrow) that consist also only from chondruls but they are 0.5-1mm. This
looks identical to slices from my page, the only difference is that
chondruls are much much smaller.

I still have many fragments uncut so maybe I will find specimen with all 3
types of matrix.

Good night.

http://www.Meteoryty.pl marcin(at)meteoryty.pl
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin(at)polandmet.com