[meteorite-list] A note about the Paypal - personal transaction "exploit"

From: Dennis Miller <astroroks_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 20:23:40 -0500

Hi all.... I think I will soon test this type of payment. I won goods recently from a N.Y.er
attempted to pay the correct way buy after he refunded the transfer, he requested that
I use the transfer funds with my paypal account. After accepting the monies, he vanished.
Pulled the item, no email, and no telephone. I am working with paypal and ebay, but am
afraid that since the proper payment was bypassed, I'll be out of luck with their $200
guarantee. We'll see. Guess it's best to go by the rules.
Dennis