[meteorite-list] AD, New Meteorite Men Collectible on Ebay Closing on Thursday Night

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:23:13 -0700 (PDT)

Let me get this strait, so you put it in a box, and make a label saying it is from you, and all you do is put a number on it, say #4 of 45.
Damn, can't believe I didn't think of that first. I have thousands of Allende fragments, (I used to buy kilos of them from the Mexicans direct until they ran out) I could really ramp up the gimmicks to try and squeeze another buck or two out of the buyer using their own stupidity against them.
I am sure though, when they go to sell their box later that anyone with brains will say, hmmmm .35 gram fragment of Allende retails for about $3.00, so I offer you $1.00 and not "wow", this is a limited edition plastic box so let's call it $30.00.

I don't know why you cant just sell what you own for what it is, and not try to "Billy Mays" it all daytime TV style.
It is good for a laugh though.

Michael Farmer