[meteorite-list] AD, New Meteorite Men Collectible on Ebay Closing on Thu...

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:53:29 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2009 11:23:18 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
meteoriteguy at yahoo.com writes:
I am sure though, when they go to sell their box later that anyone with
brains will say, hmmmm .35 gram fragment of Allende retails for about $3.00,
so I offer you $1.00 and not "wow", this is a limited edition plastic box
so let's call it $30.00.

Mike,

FYI, these are all listed at $0.99 on Ebay, not at $30.00

If anyone wants to pay more for any of these, they can offer more. It is
their choice.

I am sure, if you have your way as a very influential person in the
meteorite world, you will discourage EVERYONE from bidding on these, and they
will all just sell for $0.99 each, or maybe not even get any bids.
Personally, my goal is that each one sells for at least $2.25 so I can prove to you
that my promotional efforts are worth more than the $1.00 that you said it
was only worth.

You don't know how much pleasure this brings me that just the announcement
tweaks you so much Mike? Thanks. It is all worth it now, even if they
all only sell for only $1.05 each.

By all means Mike, offer some of your own meteorite inventory in limited
quantities and see if you can get more for them. Anyone can buy the plastic
cases, but if you don't like the idea, fine, just use a cardboard box and
an paper ID card. I have a hunch people might like them in plastic cases
and in limited editions. It has been done before in other fields of
collectibles, why not with meteorites?

Maybe no one will like them. Maybe some people will. We will see. Of
course I could take some meteorites to China and have figurines caved out of
them, or have them made into jewelry, but I am trying this method to reach
out to new collectors to see how it goes. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Life is good.

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

**************Performance you need and the value you want! Check out great