[meteorite-list] AD, New Meteorite Men Collectible on Ebay Closing on Thu...

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:13:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/2009 11:23:32 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
meteoriteguy at yahoo.com writes:
Let me get this strait, so you put it in a box, and make a label saying it
is from you, and all you do is put a number on it, say #4 of 45.
Damn, can't believe I didn't think of that first. I have thousands of
Allende fragments, (I used to buy kilos of them from the Mexicans direct until
they ran out) I could really ramp up the gimmicks to try and squeeze
another buck or two out of the buyer using their own stupidity against them.
I am sure though, when they go to sell their box later that anyone with
brains will say, hmmmm .35 gram fragment of Allende retails for about $3.00,
so I offer you $1.00 and not "wow", this is a limited edition plastic box so
let's call it $30.00.
********

Mike,

Here is an idea for you, and you can have this idea all for yourself, I
won't tell anyone else about it. Just between you and me (and the 12 people
who read the List, but I am sure they won't tell anyone either.)

Mint up some token/coins. Then glue some meteorites on them that are
worth about $0.02 each. Stamp #4 of 45 on the back of them and sell them for
$30.00.

I know, at first you might think that anyone so stupid to do something
like selling a coin worth maybe $1 for $30 would only get people laughing at
them. And while I am sure you would think that would be a slimy "Billy
Mays" thing to do, maybe you should try it. I am sure no one will laugh at you
if you at least tried it.

But, if you do something like that, be careful and not mention it on the
meteorite list, as there are some people on there that would attack you and
tell you it is stupid and that you are just trying to rip people off, and
they would try to get everyone else not to buy them.

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

**************Performance you need and the value you want! Check out great
laptop deals from Dell!