[meteorite-list] Pitiful excuse for a meteorite hunter Carl Esparza

From: MeteorHntr at aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:29:26 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2009 2:10:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
stanleygregr at hotmail.com writes:
All:

I'm relatively new at this and I was wondering.

Why is there so much difference between this fall and the West, TX fall?

Thanks,

Greg S
*********

Greg,

The main difference is that a meteorites were found by a lot of people in
West in short order, and here the few that have been found have been few
and far between in a not so publicly known location.

In West it was not uncommon for people to find a meteorite once every
other day, sometimes a bit more often, and other times some people went up to a
week of hunting and not finding anything. But whatever the case, in West,
at least part of the strewnfield was publicly known from day one.

In West there was no chance that anyone could hoard all the finds for
themselves, here there is a reasonable chance that Jack's team might be able
to, or at least that is what it seems they hope they can do.

If you are asking what is different about Farmer's stance this time
around, it is because he is on the other side of the fence this time.

And many people can appreciate that different circumstances can call for
different plans of action. I think some people come down hard on Farmer,
because he publicly states things in absolute black and white terms, strongly
criticizing people, then he himself turns around and goes against his own
previously publicly stated standards.

Steve Arnold
of "Meteorite Men"

steps!