[meteorite-list] Apollo 11 Moon Rocks Photo

From: Randy Korotev <korotev_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 15:18:12 -0500

It's an impact-glass spherule. There's another one to the right,
just right of center. It's got a soil coating. Any handful of lunar
soil is loaded with these things. Most are in the 0.1-mm range. The
biggest I've seen is 2 mm, but I think there's one of ~2 centimeters
in the Apollo collection.

See this:

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/rlk_5325_apollo11_l.jpg
http://meteorites.wustl.edu/lunar/regolith_breccia.htm

I suppose they're the lunar equivalent of tektites.

Randy Korotev
(the guy who took the photo)