[meteorite-list] Martin, explanation please.

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 22:03:19 -0500

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 18:52:33 -0700, you wrote:

>The more I think of this painting the less I'm liking it. Why?
>If I remember some of the story of Sodom and Gomorrah,
>Lot's wife turned around, viewed the destroyed city and then
>turned into a piller. This painting shows the bombardment
>and at the same Lot's daughters are already underway in
>getting their father drunk. This means they started this
>before the bombardment. Lot's wife wasn't even dead
>yet because they haven't started to leave the city.

Not even close to the only problems with the painting-- such as the clothing and
the technology show is contemporary to the time of the artist who painted it, no
to the period being painted. The clothes are wrong, the bridge is wrong, the
ships are wrong (and that's just from my memory of seeing it a day or two ago).

Of course, the same is true of most other art of the period.