[meteorite-list] GPS Device located on my car!

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 22:36:59 -0400

Hi,

I'm working in Shanghai (with the added benefit of being perfectly
located for the upcoming total solar eclipse) and have paid scant
attention to the list the last couple of weeks.

Two threads woven together....

Mike, I believe Mark's advice is extremely wise on all counts.

Separately, but not altogether, re the subject of of the "best"
meteorite hunter---If I've said it once I've said it a thousand
times: if we're talking about who has inherited Bob Haag's
mantle...if we're talking about who has kicked the temperature of
meteorite awareness up several notches, I'm confident history will
reveal we are living in the Mike Farmer Era.

While Mike may not possess the most unparalleled meteorite hunting
skill set (the same could be said of Bob) his recent finds,
recoveries, tenacity and accompanying "bandwidth" have done more for
the recent widespread popularization of meteorites than any other
hunter--by far. I've taken the "most diplomatic" and "most
circumspect" out of the equation ;-)

All best to everyone / Darryl