[meteorite-list] Regarding list content

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 03:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

If you are thinking about responding to the "Freebies" string please consider this before you make your final decision. I love you all one way or another, Peace.
Elton

This is for everyone on both sides: This is not per se about the source of the conflict but the way the members deal with it on the list. I am not doing this for him or too him I am trying to get us past a no win conflict. Most of us here are united in a common love for the passion of meteorites only we express that love in different ways that seem to be in conflict. I railed against a particular thing here( no not fusion crust on irons) because I felt threatened and I felt the hobby was threatened. Something woke me up and I no longer feel I need to protect others that join. Their passion will either live or die by their own decisions. I don't have to mentor them nor steer away from traps and scams. I no longer feel a need to rescue folks even when they don't want rescued. that said what I am saying next will seem an oxymoron.

Regarding list discussion on a macro-level: If folks are going to defend him on the list, then it is only fair that we allow on the list also a full disclosure of the reasons he is despised. The personality alluded to is sophisticated and plays games by selectively showing bi-polar sides of his true nature. To defend the "good-side" without knowledge if the other side is disingenuous. I'd rather not even discuss either facet on the list, feeling anyone that wants to know the whole story is free to ask and those that don't are on their own to experience the hobby land mines and all

 Likewise no matter how offensive and cheated others may feel, to rage against the person is only feeding their reason for acting out. It took me a while to relearn what I already knew. There is no way to win other than to not play his game.

I am sure those that only knew Dr Jekyll thought him a sweet cuddly harmless character too. If your opinion is that this is the sole nature of the beast contact me off list and I'll be happy to show you to Mr Hyde's record. It is just what it is and we collectively should deal with it in a fashion that causes the least controversy. When raged to pen off a rebuke remember if the person behind the other screen cannot control his illness, social reward and punishment has already been tried here and failed--do you really think you can control it--especially with all the enablers ready to step in? As counter-intuitive as it seems, any attention positive or negative is rewarding the behavior. I am asking everyone in the light of this knowledge to ignore his presence. Defending him, attacking him, enabling him, responding to him--yes in writing him for his freebies you are rewarding his style. If we really care about the list then everyone including the
 spoilers, please be totally neutral for 2 weeks at first and see if we can make it another 2 weeks at a time.

So I ask everyone to not feed any of the monkeys by giving them attention on the list. I'd rather tolerate the occasional posting than fight in a no win contest. (Cage cleaning assignments have been posted)

So I will not have to ever bring this up again and violate my own admonition about discussing IT. I need someone willing to provide a notarized statement/affidavit who was an eye witness to a specific someones presence in Tucson in February for a certain pending fraud case to go forward. Please contact me off list.