[meteorite-list] New meteorite book The Fallen Sky

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:32:06 -0700

Dear Listees:

Chris Cokinos, the author of "The Fallen Sky: An Intimate History of
Shooting Stars" is a friend of mine, and I was privileged to assist
him in some very small ways with a few aspects of the book's
production during the past several years. I have been reading an
advance copy for some time, and will be reviewing "TFS" for the
November issue of "Meteorite."

Chris is a brilliant author, and brings a literary quality to writing
about meteorites that we have not seen before. I found "TFS" to be the
most enthralling meteorite book I have read since "Find a Falling
Star" and I heartily recommend it to both meteorite enthusiasts and
those who enjoy contemplative non-fiction. "TFS" is a highly personal
work. Don't expect to read a lot of numbers and details about
classification. Do expect to read a unique and inspiring work about
the allure, history, and mystery of meteorites.

If you are open minded and keen to go along with a gifted author on
his journey of discovery, then "TFS" is a must-have.

Geoff N.

www.aerolite.org
www.meteoritemen.com
www.meteoriteblog.org