[meteorite-list] "The Fallen Sky" Redux

From: Ed Deckert <edeckert_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:10:57 -0400

I guess it is just a matter of opinion. I read the quote below from "The
Fallen Sky" describing pallasites and found it to be enticing. The
pallasite description is almost sensual in nature. Now, that doesn't mean
that I would take a pallasite to bed with me, nor whisper sweet nothings to
it. ;-)
.
HOWEVER... If someone were to gift me with a really nice pallasite slice, I
would gladly pose for a photo of myself holding it fondly. ;-)

This book does not sound like it is a textbook on meteorites, but rather, a
collection of one man's thoughts about the beauty of meteorites, and
anecdotes about meteorites - and some dealers.

That is just my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Taxes based on actual sale
price. Dealer prep fees are not included in advertised prices. Some states
require a gas guzzler surcharge. Supplies are limited. Offer void where
prohibited by law.

Ed ;-)