[meteorite-list] NWA 5469 (R5 chondrite)

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 24 Jul 2009 22:56:45 UT

> I highly recommend Michael's NWA 5469 (R5). I own a larger slice and it is
> in my top 3 favorite desert meteorites. There's nothing quite like it and
> it is sooooo fresh. The slices are expertly prepared and thin.
> Cheers, Mike Bandli

Hello Mike, Cap'n Blood and List,

So glad, this list is finally back to what it is meant to be!!!

I can't help but second Mike Bandli's comment. I'm the extremely happy owner
of a 28.156 full slice of this extremely fresh Rumuruti. That's what an R-chondrite
looks like immediately after "touch down" :-)

There's a medium- to dark gray matrix with several veinlets and it is very sulfide-rich
(pyrrhotite). In my slice there is a 2.5 x 3.0 mm chondrule with a massive sulfide core
measuring 1.5 x 1.4 mm) and a BO chondrule with a thick ignous rim and a thin veneer
of sparkling sulfide - in other words: a sulfide-armored barred olivine chondrule of sorts!

Don't miss out on this one!

My best to "this" list,

Bernd