[meteorite-list] Meteorite names that are names

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 14:29:41 -0500

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:00:33 -0400, you wrote:

>I think Kevin Kichinka compiled such a list that he distributed with
>his Meteorite Market report.

It is probably a pretty big percentage of meteorites, given names from all
cultures, not just "American names" (whatever that is.) A big percentage of
place names, I would think are named after someone-- and lots of people's names
are then derived from place names. Somewhere in Australia, there might be some
poor kid named Millbillillie Mundrabilla.