[meteorite-list] Basalt Inclusion - NOT!

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 15:36:31 -0400

 Dear List,

 For those interested, I cut the stone open over the weekend, and it seems that the chondritic areas are the inclusion!

 https://cid-b8a3e8caaac69704.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/achondritic%20chondrite%20cut
 https://cid-b8a3e8caaac69704.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/achondritic%20chondrite%20cut

 The basaltic material appears to be about what I estimated - one third.
 Most of the remainder is of an interesting achondritic material.

 The smaller chondritic areas have somewhat-smooth edges bordering the achondritic areas - not brecciated.

 Thanks to a suggestion received from the original post, I have discovered that in the past eucrites and howardites (from the Antarctic) have been examined with chondritic inclusions, but of a carbonaceous nature.
 If anyone has a link to pictures of that, I'd be grateful.

For convenience, here is the link to the original album before cutting.
https://cid-b8a3e8caaac69704.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Achondrite%20Chondrite
https://cid-b8a3e8caaac69704.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Achondrite%20Chondrite

 As before, comments and opinions are welcomed!

 Cheers,
 Pete