[meteorite-list] Cottingham

From: Phil Whitmer <prairiecactus_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:07:00 -0400

It looks like the two with the biggest beef in this little melodrama are
Matteo and Bill. Seriously, have you guys ever actually checked out his
prices? They're INSANEly low! He doesn't like making money, he just likes
to sell meteorites. I got a nice sized chunk of Weston for our museum at
one of his half off sales that anywhere else would cost 3 or 4 times as
much. And most people sell tiny specks. Not bad for the first historically
recognized meteorite in the US. People interested in selling meteorites
could learn a thing or two from Cottingham. While Farmer may have been the
first(?) to the strewnfield, MC was the first to eBay and was getting 140 +
per gram for West. That's good marketing if you ask me.

Anyway, it's not worth fighting or writing limericks about. I don't mind
ads from Michael or anybody else, it's part of the landscape and if I had
the extra dinero, I'd be spending like it's 1929!

Phil Whitmer