[meteorite-list] Cottingham

From: michael cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:15:56 -0700

Hello,

It is a learning curve. It was never my intention to charge such a
high price on The West fall, but only charge what I felt it was worth
at the time. All things considered it seemed to me to be a solid
$100.00 per gram meteorite. I was there and it had all the makings of
an extremely Low Known Weight meteorite, with extreme effort to
acquire pieces.

A side note, I have sold maybe 60 specimens of West/Ash Creek, from
micro to macro pieces. As of today, the average price per gram, even
considering my sales, the economy, etc, is $71.32 per gram. That is
for me. It is a rare meteorite and within a few years will be even
rarer.

Best Wishes

Michael