[meteorite-list] PA Fireball Meteorite Possibly Found!

From: Greg Stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:17:17 -0700

Yes... now that I read the story I see some red flags.

"he spotted the meteorite out of a crater." and

why is it important to "clean" the rock. That is one of the cardinal rules... is to 'NOT' clean a meteorite, especially from a fresh fall.

There in never a mention of "black" or "charcoal" appearance or a fusion crust.

Oh well... I wonder what it is?

Greg S.