[meteorite-list] - Fisher Gold Bug owners?

From: michael cottingham <mikewren_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 22:06:37 -0700

Hello,

A quick side note about Fisher Gold Bug's I and II . I have both and
sometimes I can't tell the difference between the two. I use my old
one -GB1, 80% of the time. In fact, I found over 1 1/2 ounces of gold
nuggets this week.

Better yet, in WEST, Texas I found nearly 200 grams of complete stones
with my Gold Bug 1, found them in the tall grass. Even though West
(Ash Creek), is an L6, the Gold Bug picked them up. I have 6 metal
detectors, and the Gold Bug I and II were the only ones that would
pick up the West meteorite. I would easily recommend an older Fisher
Gold Bug 1, make sure it comes with a manual though and expect to
spend some real time getting use to it.

Best Wishes

Michael Cottingham